Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Eliza, computer therapist

"ELIZA: Hello, I am Eliza.
YOU: Hi.
ELIZA: How are you today.. What would you like to discuss?
YOU: I haven't been posting...
ELIZA: Can you elaborate on that?
YOU: I have a blog. But my last post was a long time ago.
ELIZA: Why do you say your last post was a long time ago?
YOU: Because it was written two weeks ago...
ELIZA: Do any other reasons not come to mind?
YOU: What do you mean?
ELIZA: Does that question interest you?
YOU: The last post was almost two weeks ago!
ELIZA: Please go on.
YOU: I need new ideas...
ELIZA: Why do you want new ideas?
YOU: To post them...
ELIZA: Please go on.
YOU: You're boring
ELIZA: How long have you been boring?
YOU: No, not me. You are boring.
ELIZA: You are being a bit negative.
YOU: You think so?
ELIZA: Oh, i think so.
YOU: Can you elaborate on that?
ELIZA: Why do you ask?
YOU: I can't ask?
ELIZA: Say, do you have any psychological problems?
YOU: No.
ELIZA: Are you sure?
YOU: Yes.
ELIZA: Do you wish to be able to have any psychological problems?
YOU: No.
ELIZA: Are you saying no just to be negative?
YOU: No!
ELIZA: I see."

ELIZA is a famous artificial intelligence program written in 1966 by Joseph Weizenbaum at MIT.

No comments: